4.17.2009

Snow Day - Part II



Yet another spring storm...and it just so happened to fall on my day off for the week. Sew what did I do? Created a tote! Time for movies, hazelnut coffee and sewing. The exterior has 6 pockets divided by the tote handles. I made the handles a little long, because that's how I like my totes to hang from my shoulder (hoping the masses agree). I really like the Alexander Henry fabrics because they're printed on thick canvas and I don't have to line them. I went ahead and lined the main interior fabric with a firm canvas on this tote for stability. Of course I completed the bottom with a box pleat and voila, a tote for the market!
I just received some fabrics today for my number one fan, my Mom. It's actually with this same pattern, but in a brown colorway. I plan to make her a tote with a coordinating checkered lining. If I know her, she's a pocket kinda gal, so I plan to max out her tote with the most convenient of storage capabilities. I'm hoping she likes it enough to sport at our next family reunion this summer ;) I'll need to make a jakoozie to match for her java outings as well. Can't wait to start, hoping for another snow day tomorrow to keep me at my machine.

Here's the palette:

No comments:

Post a Comment